travisf
I’m trying to test a file upload:
file =
file_input(view, "#profile_pic_upload", :profile_pic, [
%{
last_modified: '1_624_366_053_000',
name: "profile_test.png",
content: File.read!("../support/profile_test.png"),
size: 269_280,
type: "image/png"
}
])
assert render_upload(file, "foo.png") =~ "100%"
But I keep getting this error:
** (ArgumentError) expected selector "#profile_pic_upload input[type=\"file\"][name=\"profile_pic\"]" to return a single element, but got none within:
But the HTML returned seems to contain that specific element:
<input accept=".jpg,.jpeg,.png" data-phx-active-refs="" data-phx-done-refs="" data-phx-preflighted-refs="" data-phx-update="ignore" data-phx-upload-ref="phx-Fors3j71WxhLhgGi" id="profile_pic_upload" name="profile_pic" phx-hook="Phoenix.LiveFileUpload" type="file"/>
So why is it unable to find the selector? Is there something I need to do to be more explicit?
For some context, I’m not actually trying to test the upload percentage, I’m just working through the docs. I am trying to populate the field with a file, submit the form to test some logic that my LiveView performs when a profile is updated with a profile picture. If there is another way to submit a form with a file attached, or fake it, I’m all ears!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
cblavier
I think that instead of doing
you should do
Let us know if it works!
travisf
Thanks @cblavier that definitely gets the correct field input.
Now I’m getting an error:
But I assume that’s related to something else.
mcrumm
What version of LiveView are you running currently? In the latest release we should be catching this exit for you.
chrismccord
Note that you do not need to pass
sizeif you are passing the content, as we’ll calculate the correct byte_size for you. You may be passing a mismatched size which we aren’t handlingtravisf
Thank you so much that was the exact issue. I wish I could mark two answers as solutions!