bolorcln
Hello,
I’m new to Pheonix and Liveview and I was following some tutorials on LiveView. There I found this code.
def day(%{index: index, current_path: current_path, date: date, time_zone time_zone} = assigns) do
date_path = build_path(current_path, %{date: date})
disabled = Timex.compare(date, Timex.today(time_zone)) == -1
weekday = Timex.weekday(date, :monday)
class =
class_list([
{"grid-column-#{weekday}", index == 0},
{"content-center w-10 h-10 rounded-full justify-center items-center flex", true},
{"bg-blue-50 text-blue-600 font-bold hover:bg-blue-200", not disabled},
{"text-gray-200 cursor-default pointer-events-none", disabled}
])
assigns =
assigns
|> assign(disabled: disabled)
|> assign(:text, Timex.format!(date, "{D}"))
|> assign(:date_path, date_path)
|> assign(:class, class)
~H"""
<%= live_patch to: @date_path, class: @class, disabled: @disabled do %>
<%= @text %>
<% end %>
"""
end
In here author assigned every new value that he uses in the template to “assigns” variable. I did it without assigning them and it worked.
~H"""
<%= live_patch to: date_path, class: class, disabled: disabled do %>
<%= text %>
<% end %>
"""
without assigning these values can cause any difference? Is assigning them considered good practice or it’s preference?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 1- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
LostKobrakai
It’s essential for LVs ability to track changes for its diffing algorithm. 0.18 does even issue a warning about using variables directly in a template instead of the
@…macro.