sergio

sergio

I have a CreateLive liveview, that has a FormComponent component. In my form component I’m doing some drag and drop and want to send the event to the FormComponent.

Right now the event is being send to the parent CreateLive liveview.

How can I send the event to the FormComponent?

// in my javascript hook
let MyHookName = {
  mounted() {
    let element = this.el;
    this.pushEvent("my_event_name", { values: ids });
  }
};

export default MyHookName;

Showing Posts 1 to 4

cmo

cmo

pushEventTo is your friend. Use the DOM id of the element with the hook on it as the target/to.

import Sortable from "sortablejs"; 
  
 const Drag = { 
   mounted() { 
     const hook = this; 
     const id = "#" + this.el.id; 
  
     document.querySelectorAll(`${id} .dropzone`).forEach((dropzone) => { 
       new Sortable(dropzone, { 
         animation: 200, 
         delay: 50, 
         delayOnTouchOnly: true, 
         direction: "vertical", 
         group: "shared", 
         draggable: ".draggable", 
         ghostClass: "sortable-ghost", 
         onEnd: function (evt) { 
           hook.pushEventTo(id, "dropped", { 
             draggedId: evt.item.id, // id of the dragged item 
             dropzoneId: evt.to.id, // id of the drop zone where the drop occured 
             draggableIndex: evt.newDraggableIndex, // index where the item was dropped (relative to other items in the drop zone) 
           }); 
         }, 
       }); 
     }); 
   }, 
 }; 
  
 export default Drag;
sergio

sergio OP

Maybe I can pass @myself to the Hook, and then use pushEventTo in the Javascript? Hmmm

Edit: posted at the same time thanks will try this!

Edit 2: That worked, thanks!

codeanpeace

codeanpeace

For future readers, pushEventTo also supports passing the node element e.g. this.el instead of selector e.g. "#" + this.el.id as the first parameter for target.

https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix_live_view/pull/1397

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews