scoop

scoop

Hi everybody,

I was looking to have a Tailwind UI navbar and mobile menu with a menu toggle button phx-click={JS.toggle(to: "#mobile-menu")} in live.html.heex.

So I understand LiveView.JS isn’t available in the live template out of the box. I’m guessing that there’s a reason for that. Hence, I haven’t tried setting that up before trying to find this already being done by more skilled people. I very much want it to be “done right”.

Also, as a follow on, if one would go that route I guess one would also like to use handle_event for events from the live template.

Regarding having common callbacks for all live views I think this post hints at a possible solution: Tracking inactivity in a Phoenix LiveView app - #5 by davidmeh.

Wiser people of the community – should one go in this direction at all?

Is there an apparent solution to this?

Feels like there’s an apparent solution but I’m sorry that I haven’t been able to find it.

Thanks in advance for any response and take care :folded_hands:

Showing Posts 1 to 4

cmo

cmo

Hey mate.

One option is to do away with the live.html.heex altogether and create a layout component that you use in your liveviews. The layout component will include your navigation bar and whatever else you want, with the inner content being the page contents.

You can see it talked about here:

scoop

scoop OP

That makes sense.

Thank you very much!

chrismccord

chrismccord

Creator of Phoenix

It’s available in the live template. What version are you on?

scoop

scoop OP

Rookie mistake – resolved by referring to Phoenix.LiveView.JS instead of just JS. Sorry.

Getting a reply from Chris McChord made my day however :sparkles:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews