albydarned
Hello all!
I am testing out live view, and have a button as follows:
<%= link “DELETE” to: “#”, phx_click: “delete_row”, phx_value: row.id, data: [confirm: “Are you sure?”] %>
However, live view ignores the confirm alert and and the code behind “delete_row” runs every time causing the row to, well, delete! I think I understand why this is happening, but has anyone found a way to make the native confirm alert work with phx_click?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 7- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
gts
This is a workaround, just add an IIFE to the
onclickevent to call theconfirmationalert:<%= link “DELETE” to: “#”, phx_click: “delete_row”, phx_value: row.id, onclick: "(function(){ if (!confirm('Are you sure?')) {event.stopImmediatePropagation();} }).call(event)" %>if
cancelis clicked, then the functionevent.stopImmediatePropagationis invoked which stops the rest of the event handlers attached to the same element for the same event type from being executed, i.e. it prevents thephx-clickhandler to be called.sanswork
<button data-confirm="Are you sure?" phx-click="delete_row">DELETE</button> also workschrismccord
This should work fine today on latest LiveView and
phoenix_html. Update both deps and make sure youimport "phoenix_html"in your app.js and then you’re good to go!albydarned
Thank you!
albydarned
hez
I am getting this same behaviour with the latest phoenix (1.6.0-rc.1) and live view (0.16.3). The confirmation dialog gets triggered but the event fires right away as well, before the confirmation dialog is closed.
7rans
@albydarned I have a little C3P0 statue on my desk. You press a button and he recites a quote from the movies. I hadn’t pressed it in a long time, but I did so this very morning and this is the exact quote he said, “Thank the Maker!”
And wouldn’t you know, it’s the last thing I read today at work before heading out – your meme! Too funny!