josefrichter

josefrichter

Hi, what is the correct way to update URL params upon submitting a form, please?

I have a search input field with standard submit button, that has phx-submit binding. But I want pagination on the search results, too.

Generally one would probably go to /users/search-results and then have prev/next live_patch links there.

But what if I wanted to stay on the same page, and just update params like /users?search=john&page=1&per_page=10? Therefore the whole thing working more like a text filter?

Basically, how do I get the value from form textfield into URL, please?

Thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 4

cmo

cmo

In handle_event call push_patch(socket, to: Routes.live_path(socket, Something, %{search: "John", page: 1, per_page: 10}). Then you do the validation and assigning of params in handle_params.

josefrichter

josefrichter OP

so I use

  1. phx-submit binding to invoke handle_event and
  2. then from handle_event I call push_patch? and
  3. after push_patch the handle_params is actually called to complete this chain of calls and update socket?
cmo

cmo

Another post on this topic: LiveView push_patch append to params - #8 by josevalim

And yes to the above question.

josefrichter

josefrichter OP

ok, thank you!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews