matreyes

matreyes

I haven’t seen this paper being discussed by the community, but I think this makes Elixir more relevant than ever.

TLDR;

The paper was written by Tencent’s AI team.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

matreyes

matreyes OP

Additionally, I believe the reasons why Elixir enables LLMs to solve problems more effectively compared to other languages are the same reasons we appreciate Elixir for humans; it’s just more challenging to illustrate.

vkryukov

vkryukov

Feels right to me. I don’t code much in other languages, but here are two recent anecdotes:

  1. Needed to build a simple utility to package certain files in my project with repomix, to upload it with GPT-5 Pro. Asked Claude Code Opus 4.1 to write a simple bash script. After a few iterations that were going nowhere (and produced an ever growing unreadable pile of bash), asked it to write it in Elixir - with the idea that at least I can read/understand it. It got it right from the first try, the code was much cleaner and easier to read.

  2. Needed to write a small utility to automate a workflow for image creation with Google’s Nano Banana. Since Google already has a Python library, decided to ask Codex to write it in Python. It made it work at the end, but after too many iterations, and the generated code is some unreadable mess. Decided to rewrite it in Elixir (and asked Codex to create a simple library to work with Google’s API in a process) - boom, much faster development cycle, and again, a cleaner code that I can actually maintain.

That was enough to convince me that even for small utilities, I should just reach straight for Elixir - somehow modern LLMs just write it better.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Discussions Top

cblavier
Hey there, It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
axelson
Hi there! :wave: @frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
achempion
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
georgeguimaraes
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
Dmk
Xamal is a deployment tool for Elixir apps that deploys native releases to bare metal servers over SSH. It’s a port of GitHub - basecamp/...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews