Localhost:3000 not starting

When I go to start localhost:3000 by doing npm start I get the following errors:

‘’’

Starting the development server…

/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:28
return (new fsevents(path)).on(‘fsevent’, callback).start();
^

TypeError: fsevents is not a constructor
at createFSEventsInstance (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:28:11)
at setFSEventsListener (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:82:16)
at FSWatcher.FsEventsHandler._watchWithFsEvents (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:252:16)
at FSWatcher. (/Users/kimberlybrooke/Desktop/pragstudio-unpacked-graphql-code/getaways/frontend/node_modules/chokidar/lib/fsevents-handler.js:386:25)
at LOOP (fs.js:1902:14)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:77:11)
npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! getaways-react@0.1.0 start: react-scripts start
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the getaways-react@0.1.0 start script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! /Users/kimberlybrooke/.npm/_logs/2021-09-07T19_29_17_197Z-debug.log
kimberlybrooke@Kimberlys-MacBook-Pro frontend %

‘’’

and then on the website it says this:

‘’’

This site can’t be reached

localhost refused to connect.

Try:

• Checking the connection
  • Checking the proxy and the firewall

ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

‘’’

To get answers you need to improve your question.
We need at least some context.
Use ``` for code blocks.

You should also mention which of the pragmatic studio course You are following,

Because the stack trace error is about Javascript, and it’s hard to see how it relates to Elixir.

My bet is your package.json contains outdated packages. Maybe You have node-sass breaking your asset pipeline :slight_smile:

As @kokolegorille suggests, this is an npm (/javascript) issue. These can be a bit of a trial-and-error pain to sort out. I would first check with the pragstudio course docs to be sure that you have the same node/npm versions that they use. Do the pragstudio courses offer somewhere you can ask questions? Npm issues are usually best dealt with by people who have experience with the exact packages involved. Lastly, from the trace you’ve given, it looks like the problem originates in this package: GitHub - paulmillr/chokidar: Minimal and efficient cross-platform file watching library. You could try updating to the latest version of that (which may just cause further problems because of related dependencies), and/or look through the issues in that repo.