hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki

Coming from Rails, we used to have the feature where we could specify date / time / timestamp formats in our translation files, and then use simple helper function to convert date/time/timestamp to current user’s locales using that template. We were also able to specify variants, say :short date format etc. The procedure is described here: Rails Internationalization (I18n) API — Ruby on Rails Guides

Is there something in Elixir ecosystem, that I am not aware of, that allows us to have similar effect?

I think I could hack something like that myself, using gettext to store format strings, then a custom helper to fetch this string from gettext and format timestamps accordingly, but I was wondering if I missed something that’s doing it (possibly better) already in the ecosystem of libraries?

Showing Posts 1 to 4

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

I’m using it and it’s really great. With ex_cldr and the cldr database backing it the level of availability and maintenance of formats is just unbeatable compared to any per project database.

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Here are the links to the packages in the ex_cldr family latest release. I can see the benefit to a tighter integration between Gettext and ex_cldr and would welcome any thoughts along those lines.

hubertlepicki

hubertlepicki OP

the whole bunch of libraries look like something I can definitely use. I will give it a try, thank you so much for doing it :heart:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews