hubertlepicki
I am trying to configure logging in Oban in the following way:
- I don’t want to be overwhelmed by internal Oban logs. When I set
config :oban, log: :warningthis happens, but would like to see errors and warnings logged if this happens in Oban internally. - I do want to see logs emitted from the
process/1function in all of my workers.
I can’t seem to be able to configure it this way, in fact all log messages emitted from my workers seem to be swallowed/disappear, if I set the logging level to :warning on Oban config, and it outputs a bunch of debugging log statements like Ecto queries done with status: warning instead.
What is the correct configuration in that case? I want to see important internal events from Oban and my logs I emit from worker.
The logs I emit from worker manually are properly logged out when I don’t specify log: :warning to Oban config.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Oban Threads
Latest on Elixir Forum
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
D4no0
You need to use telemetry handlers to catch logs from workers. Here is the documentation for this: Oban.Telemetry — Oban v2.23.0
This always seemed strange to me, especially since older releases didn’t even include documentation on this behavior.
sorentwo
The
logoption is purely for ecto logging, for historic reasons. To get job, plugin, and other important logging you need to attach the telemetry logger manually:The goal for Oban v3.0 is to attach a logger by default, and control the levels/options with the
logoption, and set the ecto/repo log level separately.There has always been documentation on the
Oban.Telemetrymodule about the logger, since it was introduced in Oban v0.4. However, you’re right that it wasn’t included as part of the installation/getting started guides until fairly recently.hubertlepicki
oh that would be perfect! I’m glad it’s on the to-do list. I’ll stick to attach_default_logger for now and ignore the log option.