Looking for a Senior Elixir backend developer

ChainAPI is an integration platform for setting up API gateways to smart contracts running on blockchains. ChainAPI is a founding member of API3, which builds blockchain-native, decentralized APIs with DAO-governance and quantifiable security. Learn more: https://api3.org/

We are an internationally distributed team, and the work is remote.

About us

My name: M. Ammar Kurabi

My position: VP Engineering

Company name: ChainAPI

Company info and history: We previously built the Honeycomb Marketplace , an API marketplace for smart contracts. Both the platform backend and the components that integrated APIs to Ethereum were built using Phoenix+Elixir, and we are extremely pleased with the results. From there, we have moved on to found API3, which raised a high profile seed round and will continue with a public distribution.

About the job

Job title: Senior backend developer

Job description:

• Work on building out the backend REST API for ChainAPI
  • Review and provide feedback for code written by other team members
  • Play an active role in the design and architecture of our solutions
  • Learn new technologies as needed

Salary range: Competitive, paid in stablecoins

Position on remote work: Only full remote

Qualifications or experience required:

• 5+ years of professional experience as a software developer
  • Proficient with Elixir
  • Good grasp of modern software development tools and processes (testing frameworks, CI/CD, version control, etc.)
    Bonus qualifications:
  • Understanding of blockchain technologies
  • Experience with relational databases like PostgreSQL
  • Experience with AWS
  • Experience with NextJs
  • Experience with Cypress

What the successful job applicant will be working on:
We are now migrating from the Chainlink to the API3 ecosystem, and we want to transform/extend the Honeycomb Marketplace as ChainAPI. Most differently from the Honeycomb Marketplace, ChainAPI will be used as an integration platform (i.e., the API provider will be able to use it to self-integrate). You will be working on this migration and extension of the platform.

About the interview process

Will be tailored for the applicant

Further info

This a very suitable position for senior developers who are looking to break into blockchain development while utilizing the full experience they have accumulated from working on traditional web development.

Feel free to mail to me directly about the job at [ammar@api3.org]

1 Like

First time I see a job posting with a salary paid in stable coins! I’m curious to know if it involves more paperwork.

1 Like

Hey,

Most of the DAO Companies are paying now in stable coin (USDC or USDT).

Wellcome to crypto currency age :slight_smile: