pmareke
Hi all, I’m really new with Elixir and Phoenix and I’m looking for some open sources projects with open issues for beginners.
The docs and oficial resources are great, but I would like to do something more “real”.
Do you know about any open source project looking for help?
Thanks!
Trending in Discussions
Hey there,
It’s been more than a year since we started using LiveView as our main UI library and building a whole library of UI componen...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hi there! :wave:
@frigidcode and I (but mostly him) have been running an Elixir Book club, we’re almost done with Designing Elixir Syste...
New
I’ve been using Emacs as my main code editor for more than a two years. It’s a custom build version although I’ve tried doom emacs and sp...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Just published claude-code-elixir, a plugin marketplace for Claude Code with Elixir support. These are the plugins I’ve been using for my...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
ivanminutillo
We are building Bonfire - an open source framework for building federated digital spaces (a kind of wordpress for federated social networks) - built with phoenix / liveview (Surface)
Here the elixir forum thread:
and docs https://bonfirenetworks.org
Some good first issues:
We do also have some open bounties available:
https://github.com/bonfire-networks/bounties
pmareke
Thanks so much @ivanminutillo , definitely I will take a look!
Have a nice day!
dimitarvp
Not sure about the open issues for beginners but GitHub - plausible/analytics: Open source, privacy-first web analytics. Lightweight, cookie-free Google Analytics alternative. Self-hosted or cloud. · GitHub is a real project that’s being used by a lot of people out there.
D4no0
You can check out this project too: SSL MOON - SSL Monitoring and Observability of Open Networks
It’s currently in a frozen state, but I could formulate some tasks fitting for a beginner.
pmareke
Thanks so much @dimitarvp @D4no0, I’ll take a look for sure!
zacksiri
We built and released an image server for serving linux images using Phoenix
https://github.com/upmaru/polar
We use this in production in our startup. You can check it out.
pmareke
Thanks @zacksiri, I’ll take a look!
coen.bakker
Maybe have a look here: GitHub - elixirland/xlp-book-club-API: Build a simple web API for a book club with Phoenix. · GitHub ?
In case it’s useful for you. The open-source code lives in the
/exampledirectory.katafrakt
Keila is an open source newsletter tool, it has some issues tagged with “good first issue”.
pmareke
Thanks @coen.bakker @katafrakt I’ll take a look!