mark-a-12
hey everyone, I’m new to learning programming and have decided to focus on elixir as first language. In order to learn, I am going to work on porting an existing open source web app backend server project written in another language to Elixir. I’ve watched a number of Elixir talks and am in the process of reading Elixir in Action. I’ve also gone through and bookmarked a few of the links from the Cheatsheet section in the discord getting started channel.
Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is aware of any comprehensive Livebook resource that features code snippets and examples for writing idiomatic elixir code.
Thanks!
Trending in Chat/Questions
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Livebook Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
RudManusachi
Hello, @mark-a-12
and welcome to the community!
While not in the form of a LiveBook, but there is this GitHub - christopheradams/elixir_style_guide: A community driven style guide for Elixir · GitHub with snippets of codes.
Also check out recently added to the docs page about anti patterns.
And since you are going to work on a web app backend, I suppose you are going to use Phoenix. Anyway, there is a recently updated guide on contexts I’d recommend to go through when structuring the project (idea of contexts also apply well to any project, not necessarily web-apps).
hugobarauna
I’m not sure about resources for writing idiomatic Elixir. But I think for staging, Elixir in Actio is already great!
For learning programming and Elixir using Livebook, there’s Dockyard Academy.
And once you want to learn more about recipes/patterns of using OTP with Elixir, there’s the Elixir Patterns book (shameless plug
) Alex Akoutmos and I wrote.
mark-a-12
Thank you!