zac

zac

Wondering if anyone has figured out exactly how to replace the Ash Authentication magic link landing page (the one a user gets after clicking their magic link email)?

I found this cryptic note in the Magic Link tutorial:

You probably don’t want to serve this page to users in production. You can work around this by placing your own page at the same path before it in the router, or changing the email link to a different URL.

Unfortunately the “see also” link is pretty useless (no docs there, really), and the MagicSignInLive page and overrides guide don’t really address this specific question.

After perusing the source, it looks like the intention is for me to:

  1. Write my own AshAuthentication.Phoenix.MagicSignInLive (which seems pretty straightforward),
  2. And then reuse AshAuthentication.Phoenix.Components.MagicLink.SignIn (or make something like it) to generate the required interaction button on said page (unless… this is for the sign-in button on the login page… err…,
  3. And somehow inject it into the target landing URL (not clear on how to do that, e.g., “placing your own page at the same path before it in the router, or changing the email link,” but not clear how to do that).

Would be great if someone has done this and could post a little detail so I don’t end up going down the wrong path. :rofl:

Ultimately, what I’m after is wrapping the page in my root layout (header, menu, etc.) and put a bit of “Welcome back!” style text on the page.

Ideally… Seems ideal if we had a component that would just render the button, and could add that to any page of our own design. Hm. Well, maybe that’s essentially what I could extract from MagicSignInLive if I can figure it out…

Showing Posts 1 to 1

weljoda

weljoda

Hi there!

I know this thread is a few months old, but I just stumbled upon it while solving the exact same issue. I wanted to customize the landing page to integrate it into my app layout, show a “Welcome back, [Name]” message, and handle both login and registration on that same page.

I figured out how to override the route and build a custom LiveView that handles the token verification and form submission manually.

I wrote a blog post detailing the steps (including the router override and the LiveView code): Ash Authentication - Customize Magic Link (Part 1) - Coding.Individuals

Ideally, this helps anyone else looking for a concrete example of how to implement a custom magic link sign-in.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews