tcoopman
I’ve updated all my deps to the latest version of live_view and phoenix, but now I see these lsp diagnostics in all my components:
Phoenix.LiveView.TagEngine.component/3 defined in application :phoenix_live_view is used by the current application but the current application does not depend on :phoenix_live_view. To fix this, you must do one of:
1. If :phoenix_live_view is part of Erlang/Elixir, you must include it under :extra_applications inside "def application" in your mix.exs
2. If :phoenix_live_view is a dependency, make sure it is listed under "def deps" in your mix.exs
3. In case you don't want to add a requirement to :phoenix_live_view, you may optionally skip this warning by adding [xref: [exclude: [Phoenix.LiveView.TagEngine]]] to your "def project" in mix.exsElixir
does anyone have an idea if I need to clean something up or if something else might be wrong?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
aiwaiwa
I’ve seen this while using umbrella mode. Same with you?
tcoopman
No, regular project
wceolin
I’m also seeing this warning but it seems to be happening on VSCode only (at least for me). I have a regular project and it’s compiling fine (the entire CI pipeline is actually running fine after the update) but, for some reason, VSCode it’s not playing with VSCode.
I’ve tried to restart VSCode, reload the window, restart the language server, nuke
_buildanddeps, reinstall dependencies and recompile, but nothing worked.Btw, this issue doesn’t seem to happen on a new project, only on an existing one.
wceolin
I managed to “fix” it by accident: I deleted a line of code from one of the files where VSCode was giving me this warning and saved that file. The warnings were gone. I added that line back and the warnings didn’t come back.
I’ve done the same for all files where I had this warning. It worked for all of them. I’ve tried restarting VSCode, reloading window, and restarting the language server to see if the warnings would show up again but they didn’t (so far).
I have no idea why this fixes it, though. I guess this is a weird caching issue somewhere.
al2o3cr
The language server also caches things in
.elixir_ls- you’ll want to remove that folder any time you’re removing_buildto avoid weird ghosts like what you encountered.wceolin
Good point! I think I didn’t do that before. Btw, I got rid of this warning for the remaining files by running the
Elixir: Trigger mix clean --deps in language servercommand and, then, runningElixir: Restart language serveragain.