woohaaha
I’m looking for examples where people took LiveView and made it behave like a Single Page Application. This would mean the page’s HTML loads instantly on every click, and the data follows later (but never blocks).
I haven’t really looked at LiveView in years but recently went through some of the API and I see there are a few async related functions added so it makes me wonder if someone might have a demo of all of the async in action ![]()
Thank you
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
hubertlepicki
I don’t have an example handy for you but you basically do that this way:
This is how I’ve implemented something similar as above in a project, unfortunately it’s not publictly available so cannot share.
FlyingNoodle
“HTML loads instantly” is by the very definition of Liveview being server side rendered, not possible. Yes, rendering HTML is very fast (sometimes single ms) but you do have to add the latency to the server as well.
Normally you don’t notice this latency but to be pedantic for the sake of being pedantic, liveview is not “instant HTML” like an SPA.
garrison
cmo
Loading data asynchronously:
blazejcm
To me it seems that showing a “Loading…” state is relatively easy. Where I am struggling to see how one can build a full SPA with LiveView is that, by definition (or so it seems to me), a single LiveView is to be used to render relatively similar UI based on similar data; it’s not geared towards showing completely different pages with different layouts and loading completely different data. So you will need to create multiple LiveViews and then navigate between them. I don’t know - maybe that’s still an SPA from the point of view of the user?