kokolegorille

https://www.packtpub.com/application-development/mastering-elixir
A new resource, it seems…
I did not read it (yet?). Anyone?
Trending in Books
Bruce A. Tate @redrapids and Sophie DeBenedetto @SophieDeBenedetto
edited by Jacquelyn Carter @jkcarter
The days of the traditional requ...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
peerreynders
https://medium.com/@dcaixinha
https://medium.com/@amalb
Packt books are hit and miss - the $10 sale is the right time to try something you are curious about - at the price of an expensive magazine.
This one is kind of interesting: Learning Functional Programming in Go
Also for pre-order: Learn Type Driven Development @yawaramin
sandymatt
This is definitely an intermediate book. I’m about half way through and am learning a great deal. From my notes, here are some of the more intermediate things:
(D)ETS
Supervision Trees
Dynamic Supervisors
GenStage
Typespecs and Behaviours
And that’s in the first 5 chapters. For me, I’m going to read it through twice to digest it all well.
I’d also recommend looking at “Phoenix Web Development”, also from Packt. That’s also intermediate to advanced, covering Channels, Presence, ETS, making a chat room, and so on. A lot of good books have been arriving lately.
kokolegorille
It seems it is even possible to get both… in combo pack.
https://www.packtpub.com/web-development/phoenix-web-development
Zesky665
Anyone have a promo code for this?
peerreynders
None required - you just have to make an account with them.
https://www.packtpub.com/books/deal-of-the-day
AstonJ
We’ve discussed Packt resources before - it seems they are something like Udemy, the comments in this thread might help:
Not sure how we should classify their items tbh - maybe a single thread that lists all Packt books?
sandymatt
I’ve had good luck with Packt books. The 2 mentioned here, Mastering Elixir and Phoenix Web Development, are solid and thorough. The writers have enormous experience.
I’ve also gotten many data science books and js framework ones at packt, usually on sale. As with other publishers there are hits and misses. But most of the time I learn a good deal. $10 for a 400 page book? That’s a heck of a bargain, and far better than wasting thousands at some grad school where they teach basically the same thing.
As for Udemy, I’ve gotten good courses and learned a lot. I never pay more than $10, and there’s a 30 day guarantee. Both of those help.
zinclozenge
I picked both of them up cause they were cheap. Mastering Elixir looks really good, the phoenix one look solid as well, at least just by looking at the topics.
amalbuquerque
Hi all. I’m one of the authors of Mastering Elixir. It’s really good to know you guys are enjoying the book. We tried to write a book that would talk about the full Elixir development experience, from the creation of the project until the very end, when you deploy and monitor your application.
Hope you guys enjoy it, it was a difficult but ultimately rewarding experience.
kokolegorille
Does anyone knows where the ElixirDrip.Storage.Workers.QueueWorker is implemented? The module is mentionned in chapter 5, but seems to be missing.
Thanks for taking time.