henriquesati
I’m using Mnesia with Memento. The compiler it’s warning that the return type {:error, _} | {:ok, _} will never match my with clause (I will append the code), but when I test the function, it only returns the :ok atom
def swap_pk(payload, public, new_contract) do
Logger.debug("contract: #{inspect(new_contract)}")
Logger.debug("old pk: #{payload}")
Logger.debug("new pk: #{public}")
try do
with :ok <- delete_record_by_pk(payload),
{:ok, record} <- insert_record(public, @awaiting_payment, new_contract) do
{:ok, record}
else
_ ->
Logger.error("Erro durante swap_pk")
error = FormatError.initerror("erro", "swap_pk")
{:error, error }
end
rescue
exception ->
Logger.error("swap_pk failed: #{inspect(exception)}")
{:error, exception}
end
end
@spec delete_record_by_pk(any()) :: {:error, any()} | {:ok, any()}
@doc "Deleta um registro pelo primary key."
def delete_record_by_pk(pk) do
Logger.debug("ab")
req = Memento.transaction(fn ->
Query.delete(MnesiaContract, pk)
end)
Logger.debug("delete_record_by_pk response: #{req}")
req
end
as you can see, the spec is typed as a tuple
14:38:53.970 [debug] contract: %{name: "Test Contract", value: 100}
14:38:53.978 [debug] old pk: test_pk_123
14:38:53.978 [debug] new pk: new_pk_456
14:38:53.978 [debug] ab
14:38:53.978 [debug] delete_record_by_pk response: ok
as you can see, the response is purely the :ok, but the compiler keeps typing it as a tuple
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 3- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
If you tell Dialyzer things that aren’t true, it will believe you
I suspect fixing the return value to be
{:error, any()} | :okwill fix things.Edit: it also appears that the spec for
Memento.Transaction.executeis wrong; it’s listed as{:error, any()} | {:ok, any()}but actually comes fromMemento.Mnesia.handle_result, which can only return{:error, any()} | :ok:https://github.com/sheharyarn/memento/blob/b27a1ad654bdc9200c82d5e74e86624a03edc1d7/lib/memento/mnesia.ex#L62-L84
henriquesati
I dont know how are the type system currently working, but I do not have to type anything, it automatically types everytime I run my code. I tried to erase the incorrect typing, but it keeps generating this one
henriquesati
btw ill take a look on this answer to where i’m doing the wrong thing, thanks!