kpanic
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I started to mentor a “junior” developer recently and I had this “idea”.
It does not even to be tech help sometimes. Motivation or tips that more experienced (in time) devs have collected during their career.
Is there already some “building kit” for social networks/match makers or could you drop some links to do some research?
I was even thinking just to start to collect skills + emails by using some form service online and associate them.
What do you think?
Thanks!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
vildeserina
Check out Exercism for inspiration! I use it now to learn how to code elixir, and I’m super happy with it.
Love the idea of getting matched with a certain kind of mentor.
kpanic
Hey @vildeserina yes! Exercism is very good!
I prepared a google form to kick-start the Code Tandem initiative!
If we will collect at least few matches, most probably we will develop a small application
(in Elixir, of course!)
kpanic
This is the linkedin post btw
rhcarvalho
Reviving the topic because it is never a bad time to learn, mentor and exchange ideas.
A few years ago I reconnected with my alma mater through a non-profit which, among other things, organizes a match-making between mentors (alumni) and mentees (current undergraduate students).
The technology is (Google) Forms, email, probably some spreadsheets, so nothing fancy nor custom software
Nothing that comes to mind. But my experience is that the “marketplace” nature of the idea is the hardest one to execute on. We need both mentors and mentees for a healthy and sustainable platform.
I wonder if you did get started and what the outcome was?
Indeed, I also used Exercism and went through the Elixir Track years ago. I admire how Jeremy Walker leads the project and have watched him and Erik Schierboom nerd about programming languages on YouTube countless times.
I few like coding with AI agents leaves a lot to be desired in terms of contact with other humans
and “meaty rubber ducks” are still a thing AI cannot replace.
Anyone else has experience with other mentoring arrangements, past or present?