Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Background

I have 2 lists with the following format:

["Div", "Season", "Date", "HomeTeam", "AwayTeam"]

["SP1", "201617", "19/08/2016", "La Coruna", "Eibar"]

My objective is to create a map with the following structure:

%{
  "Div" => "SP1",
  "Season" => 201617,
  "Date" => "19/08/2016",
  "HomeTeam" => "La Coruna",
  "AwayTeam" => "Eibar"
}

Research and difficulties

I searched for the Enum documentation and I couldn’t find any function that does this. I am also not aware of a way of doing it because the only algorithm I can currently think on is index based, and Enum functions don’t expose the indexes of the values you are currently iterating on.

Question

How can I do this?

Showing Posts 1 to 2

NobbZ

NobbZ

zip the lists and then Map.new.

kip

kip

ex_cldr Core Team

Expanding on @NobbZ’s answer:

defmodule Zip do
  def zip_it do
    list_1 = ["Div", "Season", "Date", "HomeTeam", "AwayTeam"]
    list_2 = ["SP1", "201617", "19/08/2016", "La Coruna", "Eibar"]

    list_1
    |> Enum.zip(list_2)
    |> Map.new(fn
      {"Season", num} ->
        {"Season", String.to_integer(num)}
      {"Date", << day::bytes-2, "/", month::bytes-2, "/", year::bytes-4>>} ->
        year = String.to_integer(year)
        month = String.to_integer(month)
        day = String.to_integer(day)

        {:ok, date} = Date.new(year, month, day)
        {"Date", date}
      other ->
        other
    end)
  end
end

Wil produce:

iex> Zip.zip_it
%{
  "AwayTeam" => "Eibar",
  "Date" => ~D[2016-08-19],
  "Div" => "SP1",
  "HomeTeam" => "La Coruna",
  "Season" => 201617
}
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews