sgeos
Has anyone written a package that allows message board functionality to be easily added to a Phoenix project? I searched on hex.pm but did not find anything promising. Having said that, I may simply not know what to search for.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex











Showing Posts 1 to 9- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
axelson
I’m pretty sure that no one has written such a library, at least I’ve never heard of one.
Nicd
There was Firestorm but development seems to have stopped, and I don’t know if it supported embedding into another project easily.
APB9785
I’m working on one myself using LiveView, but it is still in development. Hopefully within a month or so, I will share the first public release on this forum - so keep an eye out!
EDIT: Did not mean to post this as a reply to Nicd, my apologies.
sgeos
I look forward to seeing what you are working on!
sgeos
How is your message board project going?
APB9785
Base functionality is done, but I’ve stopped working on it (and all my personal projects) to focus on finding a full-time development position, which has been a circle of hell for me the past 8 months, and I’ve had to go back to picking up small freelance projects just to make ends meet. I might end up dropping Elixir altogether (after three years of ONLY doing Elixir), because there is just no demand for Elixir devs in the United States.
sgeos
Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, if there is no demand in the USA, where is demand for Elixir developers?
APB9785
I’ve noticed most job postings here on the Elixir forum generally follow a theme:
Europe-only
Senior-level only
sgeos
Moving to private messages because the discussion is off topic.