globz

globz

Hi,

I am trying to migrate my project to live_view 0.18.3 and I am having problems with live_patch…here’s my current code:

def modal(assigns) do
assigns = assign_new(assigns, :return_to, fn → nil end)

~H"""
<div id="modal" class="phx-modal fade-in" phx-remove={hide_modal()}>
  <div
    id="modal-content"
    class="phx-modal-content fade-in-scale"
    phx-click-away={JS.dispatch("click", to: "#close")}
    phx-window-keydown={JS.dispatch("click", to: "#close")}
    phx-key="escape"
  >
    <%= if @return_to do %>
      <%= live_patch "✖",
        to: @return_to,
        id: "close",
        class: "phx-modal-close",
        phx_click: hide_modal()
      %>
    <% else %>
      <a id="close" href="#" class="phx-modal-close" phx-click={hide_modal()}>✖</a>
    <% end %>

    <%= render_slot(@inner_block) %>
  </div>
</div>
"""

end

defp hide_modal(js \ %JS{}) do
js
|> JS.hide(to: “modal”, transition: “fade-out”)
|> JS.hide(to: “#modal-content”, transition: “fade-out-scale”)
end

How can I rewrite my live_patch into the new Phoenix.Component.link/1 ? I tried various ways but I keep getting this error:

== Compilation error in file lib/primordial_web/live/live_helpers.ex ==
** (SyntaxError) lib/primordial_web/live/live_helpers.ex:40:8: syntax error before: to
|
40 | to: @return_to,

This is what I tried:

      <.link patch={
       to: @return_to,
       id: "close",
       class: "phx-modal-close",
       phx_click: hide_modal()}>✖</.link>

Anyone can help explain the new syntax? Thank you

Showing Posts 1 to 2

t0t0

t0t0

Hi,

your syntax is incorrect, it should be:

<.link
  patch={@return_to}
  id="close"
  class="phx-modal-close"
  phx-click={hide_modal()}
>✖</.link>

And to include and merge your if/else condition:

<.link
  {if @return_to, do: [patch: @return_to], else: [href: "#"]},
  id="close"
  class="phx-modal-close"
  phx-click={hide_modal()}
>✖</.link>
globz

globz OP

Thank you so much, the merged if/else is also much better than before.
I haven’t touched this project/Elixir for many months, need to get a refresher on the syntax!

Thank again and happy near year!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

rodloboz
Every other Phoenix project I start I find myself building some sort of rich text experience, either in LiveView or even switching to a F...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews