ykostov
Deploying on Heroku a Elixir Phoenix project it is saying that mix command not found on command heroku run 'POOL_SIZE=2 mix test.task'
I pushed the code before running and followed the tutorial on elixir docs carefully.
To mention - mix phx.server and all other mix commands are workin just fine. Elixir version: 1.11.2
$ heroku run "POOL_SIZE=2 mix hello.task"
› Warning: heroku update available from 7.52.0 to 7.53.1.
Running POOL_SIZE=2 mix hello.task on ⬢ bgsites... up, run.4395 (Free)
bash: mix: command not found
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
sanswork
Can you paste the output of “heroku buildpacks”
ykostov
Actually following Deploying on Heroku — Phoenix v1.8.8 there is only one heroku buildpack command:
From this I see that
remote: error "/tmp/build_9c2e4576/deps/phoenix" doesn't exist.jhefreyzz
maybe you should use this buildpack along with the current buildpack you’re using.
Taken from the docs:
heroku create --buildpack hashnuke/elixirsanswork
If you didn’t create the app using the command @jhefreyzz mentioned you need to do the following:
That should sort it out for you
ykostov
yeah, I did it, but the error still stands
sanswork
can you run heroku buildpacks again and paste the output?
ykostov
jhefreyzz
Can you execute
git push heroku mainand paste the logs?ykostov
jhefreyzz
Do you have
elixir_buildpack.configin your app directory specifying the erlang and elixir version. Createphoenix_static_buildpack.configfor the other buildpackIts like this: