jayshankarnair

jayshankarnair

./mix
{“init terminating in do_boot”,{undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ({undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]})

I download elixir with
git clone GitHub - elixir-lang/elixir: Elixir is a dynamic, functional language for building scalable and maintainable applications · GitHub in fedora 29. It has precompiled binaries of mix and elixir. I am getting below errors.
Where can i get binaries of elixir, mix that run on fedora and other distros i.e centos, redhat

Crash dump is being written to: erl_crash.dump…done

elixir -v
{“init terminating in do_boot”,{undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ({undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]})
If your question is related to Phoenix or Nerves, please post it in the Phoenix or Nerves Questions / Help section. Thanks!

Showing Posts 1 to 10

NobbZ

NobbZ

The github repository does not contain precompiled binaries for anything.

Therefore it is not clear to me where your ./mix comes from.

Though each release contains precompiled binaries, which are compiled against the lowest compatible version of erlang. The precompiled for 1.11.2 are available at Release v1.11.2 · elixir-lang/elixir · GitHub

The version of erlang according to repology is OTP 20, though elixir 1.11 requires at least OTP 21 according to the compatibility page.

So you either have to upgrade your erlang or use elixir 1.9.

PS: The init terminating in do_boot is a pretty common error message for using an outdated erlang.

jayshankarnair

jayshankarnair OP

Hi Norbert,

My erlang version is 23.1 and linux fedora 29. Please send the link of elixir which i can use. I am currently using it to compile rabbitmq-3.8.9.

Thanks,
Jayshankar

NobbZ

NobbZ

I already provided a link to a prebuilt version of elixir, which should work for you if you indeed have erlang 23.1 installed.

If it does not work for you, please run which --all erl to find all installed versions of erlang, then run each of the entries with -eval 'erlang:display(erlang:system_info(otp_release)), halt().' -noshell as arguments.

The following script would do the equivalent for you:

for erl in $(which --all erl); do
  printf "using erlang from %s" "${erl}"
  $erl -eval 'erlang:display(erlang:system_info(otp_release)), halt().'  -noshell
done
jayshankarnair

jayshankarnair OP

Hi Norbert,

My erlang version is 23.1 and linux fedora 29. Please send me the link of elixir which i can use. I am currently using it to compile rabbitmq-3.8.9.

I download the elixir-1.11.2. In bin directory i ran elixir -v.
I get the following error.
elixir -v
{“init terminating in do_boot”,{undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]}}
init terminating in do_boot ({undef,[{elixir,start_cli,,},{init,start_em,1,},{init,do_boot,3,}]})

Thanks,
Jayshankar

jayshankarnair

jayshankarnair OP

Hi Norbert,

using erlang from /usr/local/bin/erl"23"
Please let me know which elixir package i need to download.

Thanks,
Jayshankar


NobbZ

NobbZ

That erlang version should work with the elixir I linked earlier.

jayshankarnair

jayshankarnair OP

Do i have to setup path or LD_LIBRARY_PATH or any other environment?.
I was wondering why it is giving error.

NobbZ

NobbZ

No, thats usually not necessary.

lc0815

lc0815

none of these answers work on the window system.

Now I’m trying to setup the latest version of erlang and elixir, but I keep getting the error mentioned on this thread…

any hints as to what I am doing wrong?
I have tried elixir with vsn 14.13 down to 11 where everyting works… but not the latest… and the web search does not help…

most of these messages deal wiht ancient version and unix, nothing for windows…

apoorv-2204

apoorv-2204

Version clash , of elixir , erlang and otp.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews