sf8193
Hello!
Having trouble running the phx.gen.html templates. This is the command I’m trying
mix phx.gen.html Shipments shipmentroutes shipmentroute address:string date:string groups_involved:string
with an error message of this
** (Mix) Expected the schema, "shipmentroutes", to be a valid module name
mix phx.gen.html, phx.gen.json and phx.gen.context expect a
context module name, followed by singular and plural names of
the generated resource, ending with any number of attributes.
For example:
mix phx.gen.html Accounts User users name:string
mix phx.gen.json Accounts User users name:string
mix phx.gen.context Accounts User users name:string
The context serves as the API boundary for the given resource.
Multiple resources may belong to a context and a resource may be
split over distinct contexts (such as Accounts.User and Payments.User).
It doesn’t give any reasoning for why it isn’t a valid module name, so I have no idea how to fix this
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies
I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
al2o3cr
The validation check that triggers that message is here:
https://github.com/phoenixframework/phoenix/blob/3313bf45a31c34d0455be2400aa2a11461f4228e/lib/mix/phoenix/schema.ex#L59
It’s expecting a singular name that starts with a leading A-Z.
sf8193
Interesting, I ended up changing the name to make it work but still don’t understand why mine wouldn’t work. It does start with the alphabet and it is a singular name no?
benwilson512
A-Zmeans a capital letter not just any letter in the alphabet. Elixir module names must always start with a capital letter (unless explicitly prefixing with:)sf8193
oh god duh-- thanks