slouchpie

slouchpie

Is there any mix task (or github repo) that provides formatting of html.eex and html.leex files? It seems like every text editor and IDE has its own weird solution for formatting these files so I wonder is there some ubiquitous tool for formatting these files?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

Kurisu

Kurisu

Hello I’m using this one (vscode-eex-format). But it requires to have ruby and its gem " htmlbeautifier" installed to work.

For the job it does I think it’s worth it.

slouchpie

slouchpie OP

This is good because it can be run from the command line and is editor-agnostic.

Unfortunately it requires installing ruby.

@Kurisu Do you have some way of using this in a CI pipeline? I would like to format html.eex file automatically in CI.

slouchpie

slouchpie OP

Writing this for posterity:

Currently I do it using the Ruby Gem htmlbeautifier (thanks @Kurisu) .

To setup:

Install ruby with:

$ asdf plugin-add ruby
$ asdf install ruby 3.0.0-dev
$ asdf global ruby 3.0.0-dev

Open a new shell and:

$ gem install html beautifier

Then to format at any time, do something like this:

$ find lib -name "*.html.*eex" | xargs ~/.asdf/installs/ruby/3.0.0-dev/bin/htmlbeautifier
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews