czrpb

czrpb

Hi Everyone!!

Say I have:

Mix.install([
  {:foo, git: "https://myhost.com/whatever/foo.git"}
])

but i always want the latest from main, so this:

Mix.install([
  {:foo, git: "https://myhost.com/whatever/foo.git",
         tag: "main"}
])

which doesnt work, as it is caching (i assume).

So, what would always get me the HEAD of main?

Thx!!

Showing Posts 1 to 7

edxofp

edxofp

use branch: "main"

czrpb

czrpb OP

That doesnt seem to pull the branch everytime.

Maybe im doing it wrong?

joey_the_snake

joey_the_snake

I don’t think you can do this automatically. You need to call mix deps.update foo to fetch the latest.

joey_the_snake

joey_the_snake

Oh sorry you are using Mix.install. Try using the force option

czrpb

czrpb OP

ugh! was focused on the Mix.install docs–which point you to mix deps–and didnt go back to the call of it.

so i tried it and am being told it cant recursively delete (File.rm_rf!) the cached files?!!?

ill poke around a bit more .. but not liking my chances.

czrpb

czrpb OP

well, no luck because on 2nd run to verify this will re-pull (though it looks good) using force: true, deleting the cache is failing as the symlink’s target doesnt exist??!! BUG?

** (File.Error) could not remove files and directories recursively from "c:/Users/***/AppData/Local/mix/Cache/installs/elixir-1.13.3-erts-10.7/bc559022e7fc1b4f933fabb38cb6b669": not owner
    (elixir 1.13.3) lib/file.ex:1292: File.rm_rf!/1
    (mix 1.13.3) lib/mix.ex:692: Mix.install/2
    .github/actions/pr_basics.exs:1: (file)

c:\Users\***\***\Documents\***\github\***>dir c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\mix\Cache\installs\elixir-1.13.3-erts-10.7\bc559022e7fc1b4f933fabb38cb6b669\_build\dev\lib\certifi\

Volume in drive C is OSDisk

Directory of c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\mix\Cache\installs\elixir-1.13.3-erts-10.7\bc559022e7fc1b4f933fabb38cb6b669\_build\dev\lib\certifi

05/31/2022  09:01 AM    <DIR>          .
05/31/2022  09:01 AM    <DIR>          ..
05/31/2022  08:42 AM    <SYMLINKD>     priv [\\?\c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\mix\Cache\installs\elixir-1.13.3-erts-10.7\bc559022e7fc1b4f933fabb38cb6b669\deps\certifi\priv]
               0 File(s)              0 bytes
               3 Dir(s)  45,843,521,536 bytes free

c:\Users\***\***\Documents\***\github\***>dir c:\Users\***\AppData\Local\mix\Cache\installs\elixir-1.13.3-erts-10.7\bc559022e7fc1b4f933fabb38cb6b669\deps\
The system cannot find the file specified.

czrpb

czrpb OP

oh goodness! ignore me: i was running in an elevated git bash which seems to get itself confused who is running and who owns what.

works just find from a basic cmd.exe … thx!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews