Mix.Task has Phoenix dependency?

I created a simple application with only :redix and :csv as dependencies. However, when I added a Mix task (called generate) to this project and tried to run it, I got back all these Phoenix related errors, which of course I have not included in this project. Any ideas?

% mix generate 

17:43:10.343 [error] beam/beam_load.c(148): Error loading module 'Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Local.Phoenix':
  please re-compile this module with an Erlang/OTP 25 compiler

17:43:10.343 [error] Loading of /Users/michel/.mix/archives/phoenix_new/phoenix_new/ebin/Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Local.Phoenix.beam failed: :badfile

17:43:10.345 [error] Loading of /Users/michel/.mix/archives/phoenix_new/phoenix_new/ebin/Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Phoenix.New.beam failed: :badfile

17:43:10.345 [error] beam/beam_load.c(148): Error loading module 'Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Phoenix.New':
  please re-compile this module with an Erlang/OTP 25 compiler

** (Mix) The task "generate" could not be found

EDIT: never mind, I forgot to put the task in the Mix.Tasks namespace. Still, it seems strange Phoenix appears like that.

You’re seeing the archive for the mix phx.new command which is available globally (outside of mix projects). I’m assuming since it was outside the namespace it was treating it as an archive and ensuring local archives are compiled but you haven’t yet updated phx_new since you upgrading to OTP 26? That’s my best semi-educated guess :joy: