beno

beno

I created a simple application with only :redix and :csv as dependencies. However, when I added a Mix task (called generate) to this project and tried to run it, I got back all these Phoenix related errors, which of course I have not included in this project. Any ideas?

% mix generate 

17:43:10.343 [error] beam/beam_load.c(148): Error loading module 'Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Local.Phoenix':
  please re-compile this module with an Erlang/OTP 25 compiler

17:43:10.343 [error] Loading of /Users/michel/.mix/archives/phoenix_new/phoenix_new/ebin/Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Local.Phoenix.beam failed: :badfile

17:43:10.345 [error] Loading of /Users/michel/.mix/archives/phoenix_new/phoenix_new/ebin/Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Phoenix.New.beam failed: :badfile

17:43:10.345 [error] beam/beam_load.c(148): Error loading module 'Elixir.Mix.Tasks.Phoenix.New':
  please re-compile this module with an Erlang/OTP 25 compiler

** (Mix) The task "generate" could not be found

EDIT: never mind, I forgot to put the task in the Mix.Tasks namespace. Still, it seems strange Phoenix appears like that.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

sodapopcan

sodapopcan

You’re seeing the archive for the mix phx.new command which is available globally (outside of mix projects). I’m assuming since it was outside the namespace it was treating it as an archive and ensuring local archives are compiled but you haven’t yet updated phx_new since you upgrading to OTP 26? That’s my best semi-educated guess :joy:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews