I scanned the forum for an hour or so and couldn’t help but notice that various offerings in the books department seem little outdated – f.ex. the “Little Elixir & OTP Guidebook” seems to cover Elixir 1.2 and 1.3 which in my eyes is not ideal (supervisor / worker configuration has changed since).
As of the beginning of 2019, what would everybody recommend on these topics?
- Functional programming + Elixir
- Phoenix (+ Presence, + Sockets)
- OTP itself; could be Erlang but ideally I’d prefer Elixir
- Event sourcing, CQRS, command patterns
- Bonus points for something like Okasaki’s book about purely functional data structures but not working with C++ if possible (we’re looking to apply that knowledge in immutable FP languages after all).
I’m looking to become a bit more formally and more widely practically educated and your suggestions will be of great help.