tduccuong
Hi all,
I am new to Elixir and are using this lib GitHub - elixir-mongo/mongodb: MongoDB driver for Elixir · GitHub to work with MongoDB. The doc says it has “Streaming cursor” feature, but the source code implements only Enumerable protocol for the cursor returned by the Mongo.find function.
There is no doc about a cursor API, or do I miss something?
Thanks a lot!
Trending in Announcing
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents
See this post about renaming the package.
Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components.
https://github.com/woylie/doggo
Features
Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library.
Current functionality
In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
Other Trending Topics
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself.
My main conc...
New
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with.
But I don’t use it anymore.
Serverless was the promis...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 10- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
Ankhers
What is it you are trying to accomplish?
tduccuong
Thanks a lot for answering!
So, I want pagination in my app. In my website landing page, i would show first 10 items of a search query, then provide buttons to view next / previous 10 items…
I did not find an API that allows me to do that in the driver? E.g., something like:
Mongo.find_next(.., cursor, ...)Or if there is, could u pls show me?
Ankhers
Since this is for a website, you would not have access to the same cursor between requests. For something like this, you would structure your query like
Then you are free to render the results as you see fit.
tduccuong
Thanks a lot, I will try this and give feedback…
tduccuong
confirmed that it works! thanks a lot!
Ankhers
Glad I could help!
tduccuong
When use this method with
sort: %{<field>: <order>}option, it seems the sorting is not done in the entire result space but only on the returned batch, unless I setpage = 0andlimit = <number of all items in DB>E.g., say I have 10 items in DB labeled 1 → 10. Say an unsorted query, with
limit = 10, returnsNow if I set
limit = 5, and sort increasing order, then withpage = 0, 1, the two returned batches are:and
What I want are:
and
Could u pls show me the way to achieve that, if there is?
Thanks a lot!
Ankhers
I am not seeing the same behaviour.
Would you be able to show something similar to what I just did there? If you can, I may be able to help figure out what is going wrong.
tduccuong
hmm I noticed that, for every returned batch, if I do
Enum.reversethe list, then the order is correct as I wanted.Sorry I don’t have an example right now and cannot share data, but here is two snippets with the later does what I want:
and
The
DbSrvmodule is just a convenient wrapper aroundMongomodule of yours.tduccuong
My bad, I did an
Enum.reducein theDbSrvmodule! Sorry for ur time! Everything is fine now.Thanks a lot!