Announcing an alternative MongoDB Driver! Do you like the MongoDB despite the general opinion a database always has to be an sql database? Would you like to use your favorite database with your favorite language? Then you are right here!
Sadly there is no official driver (I do not know why?). So you have to take things into your own hands and write the driver yourself. Currently the implementation does not support all features yet. But over time (hopefully) the succesive expansion of the missing features will take place.
- Supports MongoDB versions 3.2, 3.4, 3.6, 4.0
- Connection pooling (through DBConnection 2.x)
- Streaming cursors
- Performant ObjectID generation
- Follows driver specification set by 10gen
- Safe (by default) and unsafe writes
- Aggregation pipeline
- Replica sets
- Support for SCRAM-SHA-256 (MongoDB 4.x)
- Support for change streams api (See)