vans163

vans163

Hello today I whipped up the first revision of Morphling, the ideas behind Drab and LiveVIew are simply too good and made me very excited. Basically Morphling aims to be a pluggable version of LiveView, this means it is not tied to Pheonix, so you are responsible to setup the channel yourself as well as persistence of serverside state.

What morphling provides is the frontend JS and DOM diffing/morphing tools in a single library.

https://github.com/vans163/morphling

Some things I am having trouble with ATM and looking for community help is with diffing the DOMs on the server to send a partial piece. For example if a value in a field changed from a 0 to 1, we should only send a diff that 1 byte changed at position.

Also if your interested in making things better feel free to submit some pull requests.

Showing Posts 1 to 1

vans163

vans163 OP

Just pushed server->client dom differentials and so far so good. Using a custom algo I wrote as myers_difference is way too expensive and slow. 4140ms to diff 2 20kb html files, vs the one I wrote takes 0-1ms for the same file.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
ahamez
Hi everyone, I’ve been working on this protobuf library for 3 years. We use it in the company I work for, EasyMile, to communicate with ...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

Potions
A new screencast on live LiveView updates with PubSub, the Oban Web dashboard, and smarter retries. Part 2 of 2. Screencast + full walkth...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
webofbits
With AI doing more of the implementation work, I’ve been wondering how much coding I should deliberately keep doing myself. My main conc...
#ai
New
bartblast
Hey folks, I just published a post about Hologram’s funding and where the project goes next - the short version: Curiosum as Main Spons...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews