I was watching this conference and I was wondering if that approach is really more scalable. In that conference the guy shows an approach where you migrate all logic related to roles and the data that can be accessed to postgres. In my opinion the downsides are:
- Harder to migrate new changes on an existing database.
- Writing raw queries in SQL.
- Debugging queries(since I didn’t try it, I’m not sure if ecto logs the trasnaction correctly)
- Possible performance degradation.
However there are some big advantages also:
- Move all the logic related to roles to postgres.
- Clear readable code without convoluted queries.
So my question is: would you move your roles logic to postgres, and if no why?