collegeimprovements

collegeimprovements

Hi ElixirCommunity,

We have a data-centric elixir project.
Currenlty we are using ecto-3, ecto_sql with postgres and oracle.
We need to fetch a lot of data from mssql but currently there is no adapter ready for ecto-3.

However, there is an adapter which relies on ecto-2 and support mssql.
Is there any way to use that adapter in same project ?

If not, what is the best way to fetch data from MSSQL database and use that data for api-calls or transferring that data to other dbs.

Showing Posts 1 to 4

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

If you want to connect to MSSQL, this article may be of relevance to you: GitHub - findmypast-oss/mssqlex: Microsoft SQL Server Adapter for Elixir · GitHub

Once you have a driver that works in place, there are many things you can do. Recently I just heard in Elixir Mix Daniel Serrano using Flow to read in parallel from a DB.

Link to Flow

I also know some people like GraphQL and the author of Search is rather active in this forum, as well as a really nice guy too ! (which I could remember his username, i’m sure someone will!)

So you have quite a number of options, it all depends on how much time you’re wiling to invest.

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

The author of the graphql book is @benwilson512 :slight_smile:

collegeimprovements

collegeimprovements OP

Thanks for reply @Fl4m3Ph03n1x,

Our current apis are graphql-apis only :slight_smile: It’s great.
The only problem we are facing is - how to make mssql work!!!

One possible option is to downgrade everything to ecto-2 which doesn’t feel right :frowning:
And I’m unable to make adapter work with ecto-3 and ecto-sql :expressionless:

Any example implementation or reference about ecto-sql and mssql or tds would help a lot.

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

Fl4m3Ph03n1x

We don’t use mssql here nor ecto, so I am afraid I can’t be of much help. I did find a couple of articles that may help you out:

  1. https://medium.com/asolvi/going-functional-part-iii-using-elixir-and-ecto-with-azure-sql-4e66b677f998
  2. https://medium.com/asolvi/update-azure-sql-with-elixir-c77da7cc4197 (updated version of the first article, but the journey is what matters!)

If this still doesn’t help, I recommend you create an issue in the github projects and ask the authors for some guidance or examples.

Reading the test files usually helps as well:

https://github.com/findmypast-oss/mssqlex/blob/master/test/mssqlex/query_test.exs

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews