ijunaidfarooq

ijunaidfarooq

Is it possible to stub multiple times within a test using req?

I am doing

Req.Test.stub(Wrapper, &Req.Test.json(&1, %{"indices" => %{}}))
Req.Test.stub(Wrapper, &Req.Test.json(&1, %{"acknowledged" => true}))

but it’s only picking up the very last stub where as in module, there are multiple HTTP calls let say 5 and every call expecting something.

Is it possible to stub it in a way that it can justify each request?

Showing Posts 1 to 3

wojtekmach

wojtekmach

Hex Core Team

For that, use Req.Test.expect.

ijunaidfarooq

ijunaidfarooq OP

with that it says

** (RuntimeError) no mock or stub for Wrapper

wojtekmach

wojtekmach

Hex Core Team

Could you create a minimal reproduction?

You can augment this script:

Mix.install([:req, :plug])

Req.Test.expect(Wrapper, &Req.Test.json(&1, %{a: 1}))
Req.Test.expect(Wrapper, &Req.Test.json(&1, %{a: 2}))

%{"a" => 1} = Req.get!(plug: {Req.Test, Wrapper}).body
%{"a" => 2} = Req.get!(plug: {Req.Test, Wrapper}).body
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews