My Elixir livestreams on Twitch

Hello! It’s me again! Next livestream is going to be tomorrow, 17:30UTC. Going to tackle 2 issues:

Save the date! And follow me on twitch to get notified when I get live.

1 Like

Livestream starting in ~15 min - https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

For those who missed, here’s the recording for the whole livestream:

I also separated both contributions in individual videos, check them here:

• The hex one:
  • The elixir core one:

Hey! I’m going to continue the work on both the issues of the past livestream this afternoon, as there were some failing tests and suggestions from the core team. Today, around 17UTC, should be a shorter one though :wink:

Hey, for those who missed, here’s the recording for the whole livestream:

Here is the hex contribution part:

And here is the elixir contribution part:

Hello everyone! Today at around 17:30UTC I’m doing another live. This time getting back to the koins project, adding more fields to the transaction table and explaining a bit more my plans for the future of that project. I’m doing the project using Phoenix LiveView, so if you are interested, hop on!

And here are the recordings:

• Whole live:
  • Context rename:
  • Account resource and association:

Heeey! So last week I was not able to do my weekly livestream but we are back for this week! We are going to keep going on with our personal finance/asset manager written with Phoenix LiveView. Stay tuned, it will happen this Friday, at 17:30UTC, follow me on twitch to get a notification when I’m about to start :wink:

Starting livestream in ~10 min https://twitch.tv/kelvinstin

1 Like

Hello peeps! My next livestream is going to be this Friday, at 17:30UTC, as always. This time I will focus on increasing test coverage and doing some quality of dev life improvements on the Koins project. See you there.

1 Like

Live in 5 min

Here’s the recording if you missed

1 Like

Heeey! Just a heads up: tomorrow 17:30 UTC we will be continuing the work on adding tools and tests to our liveview project (maybe even deploying it to fly.io, just to check whats up with that too). See you there

1 Like

Live in a couple minutes Twitch

1 Like

Thanks for doing these! Is there any chance you could post a write up here of what was covered in the stream?

1 Like

@kelvinst Hey, did you considered “describing” internal parts of some projects like Elixir core?

I know that many developers, who wanted to create a PR for a small fix, did not know where related code is located. This is not because they don’t have enough Elixir knowledge, but they does not know how it works “inside” (especially Erlang files).

Also I believe that understanding “internal” part of most popular projects like Elixir, Ecto or Phoenix would definitely help not only with increasing general knowledge, but also it could give more inspiration. Less experienced developers would not be afraid looking at source code and this could encourage them to delve into details.

What do you think about it?

2 Likes

Hey! Thanks for the suggestion! My idea initially was to actually create posts on my blog for every livestream, but as you probably noticed that blog never actually happened, mostly because I don’t have time for it, as most of them take 2 hours, and writing all that up feels overwhelming. But I think I could just write up a very overall idea of what happened during the livestream and leave links for it. I definitely want to structure the livestreams a little bit more so that might help on the writing afterwards.

Really nice idea @Eiji! I never actually considered doing that specifically, and I definitely will try that out soon. Maybe it would be a little bit messy, cause honestly, I’m one of those that really don’t “know” exactly how stuff work inside, but I do know how to dig a bit to find it out, and definitely teaching people how I do this digging is valuable.

1 Like

Here’s the recording on Youtube for those who missed:

2 Likes