pertsevds

pertsevds

I grew tired of EPMD and made myself a module that converts node names to ports.

With Nbpm you don’t need EPMD daemon. No additional daemons, no additional configs. Easy and simple distribution without EPMD.

Key Features:

1. No additional daemon required

Does not start EPMD or any other service that needs to listen on any port, so you don’t need to add additional firewall rules to grant access to it.

2. Mix.Release compatibility

Nbpm effortlessly integrates with Mix releases, ensuring smooth production deployments. When you run "your_app remote" or "your_app rpc" commands, Nbpm automatically generates random port assignments, simplifying deployment.

3. Node Name to Port Number Mapping

Nbpm provides flexible methods for mapping node names to port numbers:

  • Last Up to 5 Digits: If your node name ends with digits, Nbpm extracts the last up to 5 digits as the port number. For example, if your node name is “my_node12345,” Nbpm assigns port 12345.
  • Special Prefixes: Node names starting with “rem-” or “rpc-” prompt Nbpm to assign random ports, ensuring compatibility with Mix releases.
  • Hash-Based Port: In the absence of the above conditions, Nbpm employs the :erlang.phash2 function to hash the node name, using the resulting hash as the port number. This approach guarantees consistent name-to-port mappings across different machine architectures and ERTS versions.

If anyone is interested, give it a try:

Showing Posts 1 to 1

pertsevds

pertsevds OP

Version 0.3.0 released.

Added Mix task to get port number from node name.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Announcing Top

restlessronin
The repo is at GitHub - cyberchitta/openai_ex: Community maintained Elixir library for OpenAI API · GitHub. Docs are at OpenaiEx User Gu...
152 12366 136
New
type1fool
WebAuthnLiveComponent WebAuthnComponents See this post about renaming the package. Passwordless authentication for Phoenix LiveView app...
New
GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
woylie
I released Doggo, a collection of unstyled Phoenix components. https://github.com/woylie/doggo Features Unstyled Phoenix components....
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
kip
I’ll shortly be launching Text, a nascent text analysis library. Current functionality In this early version (not ready for prime time) ...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
juhalehtonen
There has been a thread to discuss the Stack Overflow Developer Survey on this forum every year since 2018, so here’s yet another one for...
New
budgie
I love Elixir. It’s one of 2 programming languages I’ve ever fallen in love with. But I don’t use it anymore. Serverless was the promis...
New
Null-logic-0
What IDE or editor are you using for Elixir development? Personally, I use Zed, and I really like it, but sometimes I wish there were a ...
New
type1fool
I just stumbled on a newly redesigned elixir-lang.org. :tada: It looks like @Software_Mansion did the work, and I think it is generally a...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews