sawthinkar

sawthinkar

iex> Blog.Cache.set 1, "value", ttl: 10
"value"
iex> Blog.Cache.set 2, "value", ttl: 10
"value"
iex> Blog.Cache.set 3, "value", ttl: 10
"value" 
iex> Blog.Cache.to_map
%{1 => "value", 2 => "value", 3 => "value"}
iex> Blog.Cache.get 1
nil
iex> Blog.Cache.to_map
%{2 => "value", 3 => "value"}

Why is it that only after running Blog.Cache.get key, Blog.Cache.to_map is updated? How do I refresh the stored data? Are there any computer science concept related with on-memory cache involved?

Showing Posts 1 to 1

outlog

outlog

since this deals with ttl (of 10 seconds) you should post a function akin to the one in the readme, that uses :timer.sleep and then tell us what the unexpected behaviour is:

# Now it is ready to be used from any other module. Here is an example:
defmodule MyApp.Test do
  alias MyApp.Cache
  alias Nebulex.Object

  def test do
    Cache.set "foo", "bar", ttl: 2

    "bar" = Cache.get "foo"

    true = Cache.has_key? "foo"

    %Object{key: "foo", value: "bar"} = Cache.get "foo", return: :object

    :timer.sleep(2000)

    nil = Cache.get "foo"

    nil =
      "foo"
      |> Cache.set("bar", return: :key)
      |> Cache.delete(return: :key)
      |> Cache.get
  end
end
— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
velrest
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI. Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
mnkhod
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews