wlminimal
Hello!.
I am trying to add Nested Resources in router.ex like this..
resources "/phonebooks", PhonebookController do
resources "/people", PersonController, except: [:index]
end
and added, templates(using phonebook_person_path() ) and controller
and then I did mix phx.routes to see, but it doesn’t compile. it says,
== Compilation error in file lib/mmarketing_web/views/dashboard/person_view.ex ==
** (CompileError) lib/mmarketing_web/templates/dashboard/person/new.html.eex:3: undefined function phonebook_person_path/2
Please tell me what I am missing ![]()
Thank you!
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
** (ArgumentError) expected :max_attempts to be a positive integer, got: {:@, [line: 10, column: 19], [{:max_attempts, [line: 10, column:...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
What’s the output of
mix phx.routes?sweeneydavidj
I haven’t used nested resources but could it be that in your template you are not passing enough arguments to
phonebook_person_path()If you look here…
https://hexdocs.pm/phoenix/routing.html#nested-resources
They have this example …
You could try to do something similar from iex to try to debug the problem.
NobbZ
I think the best were just to look at the output of
mix phx.routesas we have complicated pluralisation in this example. We should take a look at what phoenix tries to do from it.NobbZ
I checked on my own (just added the provided snippet in a routes file of mine) and pluralisation seems to work fine.
Then I took a closer look at the error message and have seen, that it is called with only 2 arguments, but it needs 4.
phonebook_ididwlminimal
Thanks! it compiles!
I i didn’t know I had to pass 2 more arguments including conn, and action.