Fresco_Bits

Fresco_Bits

     def update(  %{
          full_name: full_name,
          password: password,
          password_confirmation: password_confirmation,
          email: email,
          language: language,
          time_zone: time_zone
        },
        %{context: %{user: %{uid: user_id}}}
      ) do
    user = User |> Repo.get(user_id)

    verif_email = user.email === email

    case verif_email do
      
      true ->
           case AccountClient.account_update(
               user_id,
               full_name,
               password,
               email,
               language,
               time_zone,
               password_confirmation
             ) do
          {
            :ok,
            %{
              data: %{
                attributes: %{
                  full_name: full_name,
                  email: email
                },
                id: uid
              }
            }
          } ->
            {:ok, User.update!(uid, email, full_name)}

          err ->
            err
        end


      false ->
     
        with false <- User.check_email(email),
             {
               :ok,
               %{
                 data: %{
                   attributes: %{
                     full_name: full_name,
                     email: email
                   },
                   id: uid
                 }
               }
             } <-
               AccountClient.account_update(
                 user_id,
                 full_name,
                 password,
                 email,
                 language,
                 time_zone,
                 password_confirmation
               ) do
          {:ok, User.update!(uid, email, full_name)}
        else

          true ->
            {:error, %{message: "Email has been already taken .."}}

         
          err ->
            err
        end
    end
  end

Showing Posts 1 to 6

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Hello and welcome,

Please add code fence ``` around your code, like for markdown text. It will be more readable :slight_smile:

Fresco_Bits

Fresco_Bits OP

thank you ! Done :slight_smile:

kokolegorille

kokolegorille

Some considerations…

  • Don’t use case with true/false… use if
  • Try avoiding local var if not needed
verif_email = user.email === email
case verif_email do

#instead, try this
case user.email === email do...

# or much better
if user.email === email, do: ..., else:...
  • Use with with nested conditions

I see You have used one… did You write this code?

LostKobrakai

LostKobrakai

You want to separate out the various kinds of conditions you’re checking here.

  • Checking for the users email: is is the users email, is it another and unused, is it another, but already used?
  • Was the account update successful
  • Updating the user based on the account update.
def update(map, %{context: %{user: %{uid: user_id}}} ) do
  user = User |> Repo.get(user_id)
  
  cond do 
    user.email === email -> update_account(map, user_id)
    !User.check_email(email) -> update_account(map, user_id)
    true -> {:error, %{message: "Email has been already taken .."}}
  end
end

defp update_account(map, user_id) do
  case account_update(map, user_id) do
    {:ok, account_result} -> {:ok, user_update(account_result)}
    err -> err
  end
end

defp account_update(map, user_id) do
  AccountClient.account_update(
    user_id,
    map.full_name,
    map.password,
    map.email,
    map.language,
    map.time_zone,
    map.password_confirmation
  )
end

defp user_update(account_result) do
  %{
    data: %{
      attributes: %{
        full_name: full_name,
        email: email
      },
      id: uid
    }
  } = account_result
  
  User.update!(uid, email, full_name)
end
Fresco_Bits

Fresco_Bits OP

yes of course i did for sure but it was not like that ! it was with if conditions but i changed it .. i appreciate your note :slight_smile:

Fresco_Bits

Fresco_Bits OP

Thank you so much for your help ! this so readable and so clear ! :smiley: :smiley:

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
bradley
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
unaware8150
Hello folks! So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
Alvinkariuki
How Can I Optimise Compile Time Dependencies I have been building an elixir application for about 2 years now. Many modules and files ha...
New
dillonoconnor
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews