RKC07
I want to create a simple webcam web app in elixir. I don’t know what are the libraries that help in the app making process. can any one help. Please?
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming











Showing Posts 1 to 6- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
benwilson512
Hi @RKC07 in order to help we need to understand where you are in you learning process. Are you at a point where you can comfortably make a simple Phoenix app at all? What is a “webcam web app”? What does it need to do?
pdgonzalez872
Hi @RKC07 , I played around with Nerves for this once and took some notes: https://medium.com/@pdgonzalez872/using-nerves-with-rpi3-wifi-and-picam-3b04cee78d22. I imagine things are fairly out of date, so beware. At the time, it worked
.
RKC07
Recently, while I was doing research for my app idea I found a javascript method called “getUserMedia()” using which we can take simple pictures from the device’s inbuilt camera. So I just want to know whether if there is any library or method in elixir that can do the same thing.
If there is a library or method, then I want to learn and try it before developing my app.
RKC07
I saw that too @pdgonzalez872. But it is for picams only and not for any other cameras.
benwilson512
Elixir doesn’t run in the browser, it runs on the server. If you want to trigger the webcam of the user in their browser you’ll want to use some javascript. Once the image has been taken, you could send the image data to your Elixir server any number of ways depending on whether you’re doing an API, LiveView, or something else.
RKC07
Thank you for your suggestion @benwilson512, I vey much appreciate your input.