Nerves Blog Post: Connect your Elixir Nerves devices to your Phoenix server over Websockets,

Whatever your Nerves project does, there’s a good chance that it can be enhanced by securely connecting to a Phoenix Server in the cloud; it gives you the ability to can monitor and control your device from afar.

Websockets are a great medium for this connection. The can be a bit fiddly to set up though - except not any more. I’ve extracted a couple of hexicles from my projects to make things easier for you (and future me):

3 Likes

Awesome! It seems a really interesting. Right today I began to develop a system to communicate my devices with a Phoenix app using WebSockets because I need to interact with them for maintenance/configuration stuff. I will closely follow the development of Fedecks!

In your post, you said at the end:

After the Lightning Talk at Elixir Conf in Lisbon, Mat Trudel told me about the work he had done to Phoenix to make Websockets much more flexible with WebSock. I would like to support that approach to upgrading to Websockets in plugs and/or controllers in Phoenix 1.7 +.

I searched the lightning talk in the ElixirConf channel but I didn’t find. Do you know if the lightning talks were recorded?

1 Like

Oh cool. I hope Fedecks can help.

I searched the lightning talk in the ElixirConf channel but I didn’t find. Do you know if the lightning talks were recorded?

Yes they were definitely recorded. I’m not sure what @CodeSync 's plan is for publicly releasing the talk videos. There’s only been a couple of the main talks released so far, as far as I can tell.

2 Likes