MickeyOoh
After upgrading nerves_bootstrap 1.9.0, I can’t upload firmware to target any more for the error.
- mix nerves.new app → make a new project
- mix deps.get → The comments came out.
A new version of Nerves bootstrap is available(1.8.1 < 1.9.0), You can update by running
mix local.nerves
- after update the above,
mix deps.getruns.
** (RuntimeError) :nerves_ssh isn't configured, but :nerves_firmware_ssh is.
This is probably not right. If you recently upgraded to :nerves_ssh or
a library that uses it like :nerves_pack, you'll need to edit your config.exs
and rename references to :nerves_firmware_ssh to :nerves_ssh.
-
modified
nerves_firmware.sshtonerves_sshas the comments in config/target.exe -
mix firmwareand./upload_shexecute
$ ./upload.sh
Path: ./_build/rpi3_dev/nerves/images/connect.fw
Product: connect 0.1.0
UUID: f524800a-2aa7-5f60-7bec-f3a86f32caa3
Platform: rpi3
Uploading to nerves.local...
subsystem request failed on channel 0
After all I can’t upload because of subsystem request failed
I check the previous project if I can upload or not with compiling processes. This case is all right.
.ssh/id_rsa.pub is the same.
And ssh nerves.local passes to make a remote terminal.
I upgrade fwup 1.8.0 -> 1.8.1 but this didn’t solve the issue.
I assume that ssh_subsystem_fwup which is deps of nerves_ssh has something wrong and I should set something on configuration.
Could you please tell me how to solve this?
Thanks.
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
I really like the adapter patterns that ecto, nebulex, waffle, etc. use and would love find something similar for a key management servic...
New
Hello folks!
So at work, we are seeing some situations where we have to define some “fixed” strings that are used across the codebase in...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Is there any way to avoid the Hologram compiler running when using iex? It seems like the front-end code could potentially be disregarded...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #ai
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ecto-query
- #blog-post
- #elixirconf-us
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #security
- #metaprogramming










Showing Posts 1 to 2- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
fhunleth
Thanks for posting so many details. I’ll try to explain what’s happening and what you can do to fix it.
The switch from
nerves_firmware_sshtonerves_sshchanges the TCP port number that firmware updates get sent.nerves_firmware_sshuses TCP port 8989.nerves_sshuses TCP port 22. Why the change of ports? The short story is that it centralizes SSH daemon configuration - IEx prompt, SFTP, and firmware updates all get authenticated the same way.It looks like you are using the
upload.shscript fromnerves_sshto update a device that is runningnerves_firmware_ssh. The"subsystem request failed"error is due to the upload script trying to send the firmware file to an ssh subsystem on TCP port 22. That doesn’t exist withnerves_firmware_sshso you get an error.To fix this:
nerves_firmware_sshupload.shscript or download this one. Call itupload-old.sh./upload-old.shto push the new firmware to the deviceupload.shscript (sincenerves_sshis now running on the device).Another option is to continue to use
nerves_firmware_ssh. If you’re usingnerves_packto pull in firmware update support, lock yournerves_packdependency to~> 0.3.0.I hope this fixes your issue.
MickeyOoh
Thanks a lot for your leading.
And I am so sorry to miss reading document although I intended to read it. I should have checked it more carefully.
I appreciate your kind response and help again.