mobileoverlord

mobileoverlord

Co-author of Nerves

New versions of the Kiosk systems are out. These systems update official Nerves systems with a local web browser for rendering user interfaces.

The following kiosk system updates align with the v1.9.0 Nerves system releases for the Raspberry Pi and x86_64.

Work is moving forward for kiosk support on Raspberry Pi 4. The initial commits for this repository can be tracked at: GitHub - nerves-web-kiosk/kiosk_system_rpi4: Experimental web kiosk for the RPi4 · GitHub. This system boots but additional project configuration is required to get QT to render.

Showing Posts 1 to 2

mikl

mikl

Do you know if it’ll support multiple monitors?

fhunleth

fhunleth

Co-author of Nerves

I’m only slightly involved with this effort, but I’d be disappointed if we couldn’t get multiple monitors to work. That’s a pretty interesting use case. Higher up in the stack, the webengine_kiosk package lets you start two browsers up so that you can have one running fullscreen on each monitor.

Debugging seems a little slow at the moment due to work priorities and a few cryptic errors. I’m optimistic that we’ll get there. If you’re interested in collaborating, it looks like most discussion has been in the nerves channel on the elixir-lang slack recently and issues/PRs to those projects.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in News & Updates Top

Jskalc
LiveVue v1.0 released After four release candidates and a lot of community feedback, LiveVue 1.0 is stable :tada: I’ve built a dedicated...
New
webofbits
Cairn is a small OTP library for message delivery, lightweight function processes, supervised work, and waiting on results. The goal is ...
New
nature
NatureWhistle v0.4.1 is out! :tada: This release is a pretty significant step forward for the project. When I first built NatureWhistle,...
New
webofbits
Aludel 0.8.0 is now available on GitHub and Hex. This release adds typed_judge assertions for evaluations that need deterministic, struc...
New
woylie
Flop Phoenix 0.27.0 has been released. Changed Require Flop 0.29.0, which turns Flop.Schema from a protocol into a behaviour. Determin...
New
woylie
LetMe 3.0.4 has been released. Changed Log the policy module and the check module in the message of the warning for a rule that does n...
New
woylie
Flop 0.29.0 has been released. Added Add Flop.allowed_fields/2, which returns the fields that may be filtered or sorted for the given ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews