kwando

kwando

Hi!
I just recently got my hands on a raspberry pi zero 2 W and tried to run nerves on it. My attempts wasn’t very fruitful. Tried both the rpi and rpi0 targets but it doesn’t look like it boots, no splash screen.

Anyone knows if it should work or if I messed something up on my end?

Showing Posts 1 to 6

fhunleth

fhunleth

Co-author of Nerves

The Raspberry Pi Zero 2W uses the rpi3a target.

You’re not the first person to stumble on this. See Rename project to nerves_system_rpi0_2 · Issue #130 · nerves-project/nerves_system_rpi3a · GitHub.

jjcarstens

jjcarstens

Nerves Core Team

Also worth noting that the splash screen is disabled by default and the console is being sent to the to UART pins. So if you’re attached to HDMI, you’ll see some logs but won’t be able to interact with IEx

D4no0

D4no0

Is there a reason on why this target is still missing from nerves documentation today?

fhunleth

fhunleth

Co-author of Nerves

That link is to the 1.7.3 docs. The latest docs have the RPi Zero 2W. Supported Targets — nerves v1.14.3.

D4no0

D4no0

:man_facepalming: Thanks for pointing out! I really hate this google indexing of hexdocs.

fhunleth

fhunleth

Co-author of Nerves

I’ve been thinking about creating a GitHub Action that reruns the latest ex_doc on old versions and re-uploads docs to hex. Looking at old docs is not uncommon. Ex_doc now has a warning when you’re looking at an old version. Getting that update and all the other ex_doc goodness out there sure would be nice.

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews