script
The code is working fine it takes list of maps convert them into csv and export the value. This is the code
def to_csv(map, path) do
file = File.open!(path, [:write, :utf8])
map
|> IO.inspect()
|> CSV.encode(headers: true)
|> Enum.each(&IO.write(file, &1))
end
This is the list of maps
%{
name: "Kelsie",
date_of_birth: ~D[1944-06-02],
end_date: ~D[2017-10-30],
category_id: [14, 9, 19, 14],
room_name: "Filomena",
id: 11,
},
%{
name: "Karson",
date_of_birth: ~D[1944-06-02],
end_date: ~D[2017-11-04],
category_id: [15, 19, 7, 14, 9],
room_name: "Bert",
id: 12,
}
]
File is exporting successfully but the list of category ids not inserting . I just got \t\n in the place of category id.
Any suggestions?
If its possible?
Thanks
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution:
data = %{
name: "Periodic Table",
category:...
New
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication):
toke...
New
Other Trending Topics
Hi
I was working on an old idea of a “Soft PLC” written on top of Elixir. It was too much work but with the advent of better AI I though...
New
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 4- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
NobbZ
Which library are you using for CSV export?
script
https://github.com/beatrichartz/csv
NobbZ
That uses
to_string/1to encode anything but aBitString. So you probably hit a charlist issue here.You need to preprocess your data properly to make it encodable.
script
Thanks for your answer. I just went with using map instead of list for category_id and encode it with poison. It seems to work