fabcm1
Hi,
I am trying to use the components module that is being developed in Phoenix 1.7 in order to try the new resources from Liveview 0.18 with tailwind.
I can’t figure out what is the syntax of input/1 with type: “select” in the :option slot. It seems very different from the select/4 of Phoenix.HTML.Form. Here is an example that I am trying to make work:
In the heex, inside form, the following renders a select menu:
<%= select(f, :city_id, Enum.map(@cities, fn city -> {city.name, city.id} end)) %>
Now, I try
<.input field={{f, :city_id}} type="select" option={Enum.map(@cities, fn city -> {city.name, city.id} end)} label="choose your city" />
and it fails with
** (Protocol.UndefinedError) protocol Enumerable not implemented for {"CITY NAME", 1} of type Tuple
(elixir 1.14.0) lib/enum.ex:1: Enumerable.impl_for!/1
(elixir 1.14.0) lib/enum.ex:166: Enumerable.reduce/3
(elixir 1.14.0) lib/enum.ex:4307: Enum.reduce/3
(phoenix_live_view 0.18.2) lib/phoenix_component.ex:762: Phoenix.Component.assigns_to_attributes/2
...
thanks in advance,
Trending in Questions
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
Documentation
While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
Hello,
I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind.
However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
Hi everyone,
I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding.
I sta...
New
So my question is quite simple and i have found no conclusive answer on forum, google or AI.
Should we use :erlang.float for Integer to ...
New
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
So i have been using ash framework for a while and i love it. However currently the issue im having with ash framework is the error handl...
New
Other Trending Topics
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived.
Mob is alive!!
Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation
A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM.
Welcome Cure.
It has literally three kille...
New
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language.
Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
Hi everyone!
The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available!
We’ve published a press release detai...
New
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders.
I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
Latest Phoenix Threads
Categories:
Sub Categories:
Forums
Popular Tags
- #ecto
- #liveview
- #troubleshooting
- #learning-elixir
- #library
- #deployment
- #erlang
- #testing
- #genserver
- #mix
- #absinthe
- #remote-other
- #otp
- #plug
- #how-to-question
- #macros
- #postgres
- #elixirconf
- #channels
- #exunit
- #discussion
- #code-sync
- #podcasts
- #javascript
- #onsite
- #dialyzer
- #docker
- #authentication
- #umbrella
- #full-time-contract
- #podcasts-by-brainlid
- #ai
- #ecto-query
- #elixirconf-us
- #blog-post
- #elixir-ls
- #phoenix_html
- #iex
- #graphql
- #genstage
- #websockets
- #supervisor
- #advent-of-code
- #distillery
- #processes
- #elixirconf-eu
- #api
- #forms
- #metaprogramming
- #hex










Showing Posts 1 to 5- Show Best Posts
- Show All (oldest first)
- Show All (newest first)
DecoyLexi
You can use the slot syntax for select inputs:
DecoyLexi
Update: this syntax is no longer correct. For new projects generated with Phoenix 1.7.0-rc.0, the
<.input type="select"/>component usesPhoenix.HTML.Form.options_for_selectunder the hood. Since commit 2fdb410, you’d use your original snippet withoptionchanged tooptions:bdarla
Is there any way to pass styling, e.g. different background colour for each option which shall be maintained in the selected option (dropdown functionality)?
I could find how this is possible via
Phoenix.HTML.Form.options_for_select.lc0815
I am looking for the same answer.
I can find VERY LITTLE in the form of applying ANY STYLING to phoenix1.7 html and MUCH LESS for FORMS
GOOGgeling is not our friend in this case… and I asked this question just today on my topic: forms Development
bdarla
I am not sure that we had the same problem to solve. I only needed a multicolour dropdown element.
Unfortunately, I could not solve it with pure Liveview components. Hence, I opted for javascript based solution via a hook.