Dusty

Dusty

New England download page

New England repo

I am a long-time dark theme user, but I recently developed an interest in coding on a light theme. I had previously heard about research suggesting our visual perception and cognition are optimized for dark-on-light patterns, but it was brought to the front of my mind again by this TidBITS article. I tried existing light themes, but found most of them too harsh, so New England is my contribution. The background color was warmed using wood tones as inspiration (basically reducing the amount of blue light), and syntax highlighting colors were chosen to optimize contrast in that context.

Hoping to broaden language support in future releases, but Elixir is one of the first languages I optimized, so I thought I would post it here. Happy for feedback, or PRs for languages that aren’t well supported yet. Enjoy!

Where Next? Top

Trending in Dev Env & Tools Top

srowley
I have really enjoyed dialing in a set of static analysis tools and skills that help me help LLMs write better code. One gap I haven’t se...
New
AstonJ
Curious whether anyone is taking any specific precautions, such as creating new non-administrative user-accounts and then simply copying ...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New
KristerV
Hey. Is there anyone here who creates agents in their apps? Not talking about using agents, but creating them. I’m finding it pretty diff...
New
mudasobwa
I fully migrated to my own harness from Anthropic/Gemini and I think it’s time to share it. Welcome DSH, the DeepSeek Harness, fully writ...
New
mcass19
ExRatatui lets you cook up rich terminal UIs in Elixir, powered by Rust’s ratatui via Rustler NIFs. Build interactive terminal applicatio...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews