vishal-h

vishal-h

Here is a simple csv
csv = ~s(name, name@email.com, prop1, 40, prop2, “A, B”, “p:q, x:y”) and parser is defined as
NimbleCSV.define(MyParser, separator: “,”, escape: “\”")

Now running the praser…
MyParser.parse_string(csv, skip_headers: false) gives the error

**** (NimbleCSV.ParseError) unexpected escape character " in ,**

What’s wrong here?

Thanks …

Showing Posts 1 to 2

al2o3cr

al2o3cr

should instead be:

~s(name,name@email.com,prop1,40,prop2,"A, B","p:q, x:y")

The CSV parser does not want a space after , and explicitly looks for escape characters immediately preceded by a separator:
https://github.com/dashbitco/nimble_csv/blob/3e869aa945b5428e59f6a05222f1a36f0bd3eb7d/lib/nimble_csv.ex#L382

vishal-h

vishal-h OP

RFC RFC 4180 - Common Format and MIME Type for Comma-Separated Values (CSV) Files - Spaces are considered part of a field and should not be ignored.

Thanks for the quick response, Otherwise it would have taken a while to find this out!

— All posts loaded —

Where Next? Top

Trending in Questions Top

katta
I having some trouble figuring out if I have set myself too strict of standards for my production server. Currently I can handle 75% of r...
New
brecabral
Documentation While reading the Scoped Routes section, I noticed that the documentation currently refers to a problem without explainin...
New
achenet
Hello, I’m trying to build a basic Phoenix web-app, and I’d like to use Tailwind. However, when I launch mix phx.server, I get an error...
New
kpanic
Hi everyone, I am toying with the idea of building a “match maker” for giving personal help to people that wants to start coding. I sta...
New
asweet-confluent
I recently noticed that Elixir’s Logger defaults its primary log level to :debug when no :logger, :level application configuration is pre...
New
Cxx-mlr
I’m working on a small exercise involving update_in/3, and I came up with this solution: data = %{ name: "Periodic Table", category:...
New
ChrisAmelia
I’ve got trouble wrapping my head around the order in which functions are called in this snippet (from Phoenix’s authentication): toke...
New

Other Trending Topics Top

GenericJam
Edit: 2026 May 15 - This post is archived. Mob is alive!! Main docs: mob v0.7.11 — Documentation A bit of explanation for the slightly c...
New
JesseHerrick
Hey, I’m Jesse and I’m the main contributor behind Dexter, a full-featured, lightning-fast Elixir LSP optimized for large codebases. It s...
New
mudasobwa
I am happy to introduce the very α version of the new programming language compiled to BEAM. Welcome Cure. It has literally three kille...
New
garrison
Hobbes is a low-level distributed database for the Elixir programming language. Hobbes provides a simple, safe, and scalable storage lay...
New
mhanberg
Hi everyone! The first release candidate for the Expert language server project is now available! We’ve published a press release detai...
New
budgie
A little off-topic, but I feel like people here have a good head on their shoulders. I used to be quite good at making software. Was luc...
New

We're in Beta

About us Mission Statement

Options

Thread Display Mode




Thread Preview

Skip Thread Previews