Non-MVC web framework?

I am wondering if are there other reliable web frameworks in Elixir that are not based on MVC design pattern ?
Maybe something based on MVVM or multi-tier ?

PS: I know Phoenix is great, but not for everybody, sometimes seems rigid, cumbersome… so please don’t insist to convince me about it, I just want to experiment other flavors of web dev/Elixir.

Thanks! :roll_eyes:

Hello!

If you’re happy to go for something a bit more modular and convention based there are lots of options.

One these might fit your preferences. Personally I quite like Elli

4 Likes

Your links are all broken b/c they include the colon.

1 Like

Have you tried LiveView? It’s not too rigid. No pesky controllers!

1 Like

Just to list some more alternatives:

• Aino: An Elixir HTTP framework built on top of elli
  • MochiWeb: An Erlang library for building lightweight HTTP servers.
  • Webmachine: A “REST toolkit” - it is an application layer that adds HTTP semantic awareness on top of MochiWeb, see the Webmachine Overview for more

I have not used any of them, but I do know that Webmachine is quite different from MVC.

There is also another one in Elixir, but I can’t think of it right now. It’s very DSL-driven, meant to remove a lot of boilerplate, and supports both REST and GraphQL APIs… I can’t remember the name right now though

3 Likes

Oops! Thank you, I have fixed them

Isn’t LiveView de facto an MVVM?

There is also another one in Elixir, but I can’t think of it right now. It’s very DSL-driven, meant to remove a lot of boilerplate, and supports both REST and GraphQL APIs… I can’t remember the name right now though

Ash Framework?

There is also ewebmachine, an elixir version of webmachine built with plug.

2 Likes

Thank you, that’s the one :grinning:

So far, the ewebmachine worth giving it a try. Too bad the documentation is very poor. And doesn’t seem to provide for the front-end part.